Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank you to everyone that made this Fall Festival such an enjoyable trip. We had 12 parents that helped at Camp Douthat and 6 staff that helped at camp and with supplies. That does not even include all the work that everyone does before we leave. Thank you to everyone who helped make sure their children stayed warm and as dry as possible.

The reason we do this is clear. Here are a couple comments from the class about Fall Festival.
  • It teaches us about the wilderness.
  • You can learn how to fish.
  • It is like a big sleepover.
  • I like catching the leaves in the fall and jumping in them.
  • I like the newts.
  • I like being with my dad.
  • Learning new games is fun.
  • I loved fishing.
  • It is fun.
  • I made new friends.
  • It helps us learn about the environment.
  • I get to be with different people.
  • It is a chance to sleep in a tent.
  • I got homesick, but all my friends helped cheer me up and told me stories and played games to distract.

No comments: